Sometimes you just need to get away for longer than just a few days. Many travelers are traveling to continents, not just countries, and they are doing so after finding great deals on international business class flights to South America. Using travel websites, consumers are sourcing affordable deals on business class tickets to the continent of South America. Research the cost of business class travel to a few different cities in different countries and consider beginning or ending your trip in these areas. You can find cheap and inexpensive business class tickets if you are flexible. However, if travel websites aren’t appealing to you, try speaking with a travel agent and inquiring about affordable business class tickets to South America.
Traveling business class is extremely comfortable and a great way to begin and end your busy trip to a continent. You can take advantage of the many luxuries, including great food, cocktails, and a seat that will lay flat so you can actually sleep during your long flight. Research the perks of traveling business class and you might agree that it is well worth the extra money.
Our Picks for Fun Things to Know About the Continent of South America
- Biggest Population Growth- Brazil is currently enjoying a high growth rate. It has the largest population in South America. It is expected to come more in line with typical growth to other countries in the next few years.
- Most Popular Religion- More than 75% are Catholic. Except for Suriname, which only has 500,000 people, and Uruguay, it is the number one religion in every country in South America. In the largest countries of South America, Catholicism is over 80%.
- Favorite Food- Empanadas are extremely popular food in South America. These pockets of dough are typically filled with meat, cheese and onions are practically a staple in most counties here.
- Most Educated- Brazil has the highest average level of education achieved in South America. Thousands of public universities and colleges at very reasonable prices in many cities.
- Most Olympic Medals- Argentina with 884 medals. By far, the most medals in South America. They compete in a variety of different events. Soccer is the most popular sport here.
- Most Nobel Prize Winners- Chile has the most Nobel Prize winners in South America with 2. However, there are only 6 total winners of the prize in South America. The most famous Nobel Prize winner is probably Gabriel Garcia Marquez from Columbia who is the famous author of One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- Tallest Building- The Gran Torre Santiago is the tallest building in South America standing 980 feet tall. It is located in Santiago, Chile. It is the second tallest building in the Southern hemisphere with its 64 stories of office space, two hotels and the largest shopping mall in Latin America.
- Tallest Mountain- The Aconcagua with an elevation of 6,960 meters is the highest mountain in both the Southern and Western Hemispheres. It is part of the Andres mountain range in Argentina. It is very close to the country of Chile but is actually located in Argentina, close to the city of Mendoza. It is one of the Seven Summits.
- Most Miss Universe Winners-Venezuela has won 7 Miss Universes since the contest began in 1952. That is only second to the United States who has won 12 crowns. The Miss Universe competition was first won by Finland in 1952 by Armi Kuusela.
- Largest Debt- Brazil has the largest debt by far of any country in South America at over $1.5 trillion U.S. dollars. This is 10 times the debt of the 2nd place country Columbia at $140 billion.
Why Travel to a Continent?
Continent traveling is becoming more popular as it allows travelers many options for things to see and do. You can also cover a lot of ground using trains, buses, and subways. Many travelers are choosing continent vacations when they are looking to really check out of their day-to-day routines for an extended period of time. Continents are appealing because they provide a lot of options for destination air travel and for departures as well. When you are planning your trip you can tailor the plans to fit the best airfare prices and hotel accommodations deals to make the most of your travel dollars and cover many of your bucket list activities. It’s kind of like one-stop shopping, but all of the inventory is in one place. You can move from place to place, or country to country and see what you choose to and then take a train or bus to the next interesting destination.
How to Plan a Continent Vacation?
Planning a trip that requires many moves can seem really intimidating. Take it one city or country at a time. Make a list. Then make another list. Sketch an outline of where to begin and where to end based on airport availability and affordable business class tickets, then begin organizing your days. Hotels, hostels, air BnBs, all make where you sleep more flexible. If you favor one hotel chain over another, make a note of which city’s have this brand of hotel and check availability. Getting to and from the hotels can be easier with options like Uber, buses, subways, and trains. If you are the type who likes the freedom of renting a car in foreign countries, check the rules and regulations and get a few quotes in advance. Your travel budget and sticking to it will depend on how much research and pre-booking you do. Take these steps slowly and thoroughly outline your trip before you begin booking.
Once your itinerary is fairly set and you’ve established that all of the sights you really want to see are covered, you can begin purchasing excursions, hotel accommodations, and air travel. After that pack your camera, learn some history about where you are headed and enjoy your trip. Safe travels.